Tuesday, July 8, 2008

3 Long Years


I started this quilt 3 years ago (the colour is a bit off as the lighting sucks today, not a bit of sunshine to be found!). A lot has changed in 3 years. 3 years ago today I was 9 days away from being married, working full time, living in my first house (next week I will be living in my 3rd and hopefully last - for a while), a full time student, and childless. There was a lot going on in my life that made crafting a lesser priority.

Since Baby C was born in December I have forced myself to take stock of my priories and shift them around a bit. I have decided to focus on those things that are most important to me: namely my daughter, my family, and myself (ie. my craftingself) - and I am a much happier person for it. So I decided that I needed to finish this quilt. I have had so much fun working on it, and now when I look at it I am reminded of all the monumental changes that have happened to us over the last 3 years. This quilt tells the story of our transition from single to married, 20somethings to parents, full time worker to stay at home mom... It is the first 3 years of our married lives written in cotton... mmmm... cotton!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.