Monday, January 5, 2009

52 Books :: Week 3

I am surprised by how much I enjoyed The Sugar Camp Quilt considering my luke warm feelings for the rest of the series, but I am glad that I read it. There was a lot more substance to this story than what I have read in the series so far. I don't want to give any spoilers away here but it was set during the years leading up to the civil war and interwoven into the story is a quilt made by the main character and how it used as a part of the underground railway.



Next up is Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. Every year my sister in law gives me some of her favourite literature for my birthday/Christmas and this year it was 2 books by her favourite author. Its really special to me beause I feel like I get to know her better as I read the words that have meant so much to her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.