Monday, December 29, 2008

52 Books :: Week 2

I finished Parenting Inc. this weekend and pretty much enjoyed it. I really liked the author's message that its not what is bought for our children but what is done for and with them that truly matters. She goes into a lot of detail about the commodification of parenthood and child rearing which was a much appreciated reminder in this crazy commercialized month of holiday madness. I think this book had a lot of potential and perhaps missed its mark a bit. It read to me like somewhat of a run on sentence and had I not been so deeply interested in the topic, I have to admit I probably would have abandoned it in favour of some knitting. But all in all it was a worthwhile read.



For week 2 I have chosen a fun, quick read:

The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini (part of the Elm Creek Quilts series). I have read the first two books in the series and am not completely in love with them, but find myself wanting to read more. I can't explain it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.