Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is it too early to post about Christmas crafting?

I know its July and I should be thinking sun, warm weather, fresh foods... and I am. But I am also thinking about that poor little girl who has had a store bought "Baby's first Christmas" stocking for the past 2 Christmases! (In our family store bought stockings just don't happen). In my defence she was a month early and arrived 10 days before her first Christmas so there just wasn't really any time... and for her second Christmas - well she just turned 1 and I was 6 months pregnant and trying to sleep when I could. So this year she gets handmade.

I love the pattern, it is actually a lot like the stocking that my mom made for me 25 years ago. Mom and I are working on it together and it is so nice to spend the time with her doing it. So far this is all we have gotten done.


But that's ok, I still have a few months but if I want this to be a mostly handmade Christmas like I planned I need to get the ball rolling (or sewing machine going).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.