Friday, March 18, 2011

Hoppin' Away/Follow Friday

Book Blogger Hop

This weeks question:
"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"

I usually have about 3 books on the go but they have to be very different. I can't read a bunch of books from the same genre, or similar story lines at the same time or I'll start transposing plots and characters (ie. 2 Amish fiction or 2 historical fictions from the same time/place). I usually have a hard time deciding what to read so I'll have one book on my bedside table, something downstairs and something on my KOBO for easy travelling!




This weeks question:
How did you come up with your blog name?

When I first started Hands and Home it was primarily a craft/family living blog with a bit of book content in there so Hands (crafting) and Home (family) worked. As this blog evolved the title stuck and here we are.

6 comments:

  1. Makes sense to have the different genres going at once.
    To find out how I got my blog name, find out how many books I read at once and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding it interesting reading about everyone's preferences for reading. My answer is here My Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands and Home sounds cool. I hope you had a nice journey moving from crafting to books. I'm your new follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. First-time visitor....adorable blog. Love your side panels.

    I am amazed at how many people read more than one book at at time.

    Stop by my blog for a giveaway of LINEN QUEEN courtesy of Sarah from Hachette Books and to see my answer to this week's Blog Hop question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. New follower! I usually read 3 or 4 books too. It can get confusing.
    What's your favorite Amish series?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Just found you through the Hop and now following, too!

    Great review of The Help :)

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.