Tuesday, April 28, 2009

52 Books :: Week 19 (Book 17)

I would not usually consider a children's book to be my reading, nor will I frequently include children's books in this count... however this book deserves for an exception to be made!

I recently bought A Ride on Mother's Back for Charlette. I thought it would be a nice way for her to understand and accept her little sister as she can identify with the story and the pictures in the book. Either her or Sadie are usually in a carrier at some point in the day and isn't it always a nice thing to have something so close to you reflected in a book?


My expectations were exceeded and I fell in love with this book. It shows mama's (and papa's) and their babies from around the world and explains how they are carried and how they are right in the middle of their parent's day to day tasks. If a papa can carry a baby while 'hunting' for honey surely we can make a trip to the grocery store work without needing a stroller and car seat and all the junk that goes alone with it! There is something to be said for simplicity and I love this book for reminding me of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.