Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Making" Memories


We have been making a lot of memories around here these days. I will never forget my mom telling me "if I don't take a picture we will forget this" for the hundredth time as I rolled my eyes in the way that 8 year old girls can do oh so well. In fact my best friend's favourite memory of my mom is her chasing us around with a camera or video camera (at dance recitals, parades we danced in, birthdays, prom, trips to the mall... just about anything we did has been documented).


I was horribly embarrassed by this habit of moms when I was a kid but now I am so grateful that I have my entire childhood documented in our photo albums. And you know what? She was right! Without those pictures I would forget.... forget that horrible outfit I wore out on my first double date, forget that my prom night was also my grandmother's birthday and we took pictures together, or my fabulous first bathing suit (it was blue with ducks on it!).


I have decided that I too want my girls to be able to look back and remember those tiny seemingly insignificant parts of childhood even if it embarrasses them and earns me a few eye rolls. And I don't ever want to forget things like how their tiny little hands seem to fit so perfectly together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.