Sunday, February 7, 2010

Amish Friendship Cake

I don't know if this cake is supposed to win you friends or help you to keep those that you have but it is so good! Yum. I don't know if you have ever had a friendship cake before, I hadn't until last night. Its kind of like a chain letter for baking, but with instant rewards - so maybe its not like a chain letter at all!


10 days ago my Mother in Law gave me a bag of batter, and it kind of freaked me out. I was to leave this batter on the counter for 10 days, squishing it around occasionally and adding some milk, flour and sugar on day 6. 10 days later it was ready to have the final ingredients added, and baked into 2 friendship cakes. There is also enough of the "starter batter" to share with 3 friends and keep one for myself so that we can bake more cake in 10 days... and bake cake we will! I will never be a sceptic again.


I would share the recipe with you but you need a batch of starter batter to make the friendship bread... Guess you will just have to wait for it to circle around your way!



Totally unrelated... doesn't this picture of Sweet Pea just need the caption "You wish you were this cool?" I think so.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.