Monday, August 17, 2009

Everyday Blessings

It was 6am, I had just gotten baby S back to sleep but I was up for the day after having had less than 5 hours of broken sleep and baby C was starting to wake up (she is getting her I-teeth and has been a bear since Friday). I was getting grumpy already - not a good way to start the week. So I thought I'd check a few blogs while there is still an ounce of time in the day that actually belongs to me. And I came across this. Such a wonderful reminder to rejoice in today's blessings and be grateful for what we do have.

Ok, so I haven't had a solid nights sleep in 2 years and from the time the girls wake up until the time I go to bed I am on as chef, diaper changer extraordinaire, entertainer, cuddlier, nurse, disciplinarian etc. but at least I have these girls.
These girls have changed my life and if it weren't for them I wouldn't be the person I am today. I know that the sleepless nights and the days of them constantly needing me will not last and I am sure that I will desprately miss my time with them. 10pm with baby S when it is just the two of us... everyone else in the house is sleeping and she is nursing one last time before I go to bed for the night, mornings with baby C when she is so excited to play that she is absolutely vibrating, family walks in where baby C has so much fun she kicks her feet until the stroller shakes and baby S squeals with delight. These are just a few of the things that I am going to remember the next time I start to feel a bit sorry for myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will reply in the comments section unless you leave me an email address and ask me to reply that way.